Sunday, November 22, 2009

It’s been a while; I know. And I apologize to those who read me. But there’s so little time for everything these days.

Hereafter, find a few pictures of Peru’s pre-Inca Chachapoya ruins. They are part of a recent story I did for Archaeology magazine. Those interested can see many more at a second website I’m working on.(http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/victorenglebert)

To those of you who already saw Machu Picchu and the Inca Sacred Valley I recommend that you travel next time to the Northern part of Peru, to the Amazonas Province, to see the great variety of Chachapoya ruins of ancient cities, fortresses, and mausoleums.

The region itself, including its people, much more often white and mestizo than farther south,
is very attractive too.

No comments:

Post a Comment