Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Wonderful World Of Madagascar’s Périnet Natural Reserve

Professional people and wildlife photography are full-time jobs, and each requires its own skills and experience. I love both people and animals but can’t hold two full-time jobs. So I have dedicated myself to photographing people, mostly away from tourists’ maps.

However, I have had occasional need to shoot wildlife. One of them, a few years ago, happened in Madagascar. I was photographing the country for two books on that subject. And on their lists of needed illustrations were the Périnet Natural Reserve and its variety of lemurs and chameleons. 


Fortunately, I needed no special skills or experience to photograph chameleons and lemurs. I could have touched the chameleons. As for the lemurs, they were as curious about me as I was about them. And, charming animals, they let me get quite close to them too. I spent a wonderfully quite morning in their company.


Ring-tailed lemurs (lemur catta)


Verreaux's sifaka lemur (propithecus verreaux)


Verreaux's sifaka lemur (propithecus verreaux)


Grey bamboo lemur (hapalemur briseus)


Brown lemur (lemur fulvus)


Ruffed lemur (lvarecia variegata)




Ruffed lemur (lvarecia variegata)


Ruffed lemur (lvarecia variegata)


To view more Madagascar photos on this blog, write that word in the search box.
All the photographs of this blog are copyrighted.
No usage permitted without prior authorization 

No comments:

Post a Comment