Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Algeria: Shawiya Berbers


While walking the narrow winding streets of Algeria’s M’chounèche, in the Aurès Mountains, I accidentally interrupted this small group of conversing Shawiya Berbers who had gathered in the shade to sip tea. They stopped to have a look at me, and I stopped to shoot a picture of them. They were as curious about me as I was about them. So an invitation followed, which I gladly accepted, to share their tea, which was still brewing inside the house over the embers of a small fire. Three small glasses of it, as is the custom. Moslem hospitality is legendary.
To view more Algeria photos on this blog, write that word in the search box.
All the photographs of this blog are copyrighted.
No usage permitted without prior authorization.


No comments:

Post a Comment