Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bolivian Altiplano: Running After Llamas Keeps An Old Quechua Man Happy And Strong


When I caught sight of this Quechua man in Bolivia’s Altiplano near Uyuni, he was running full speed after a large herd of llamas he was bringing back to a corral at day’s end.  Watching him from a distance I thought him young.  But he changed his course to come have a better look at me, and I was stunned to see an old man. To my question he replied that he was 84. His clothes held together by years-old patches and his sandals had been carved out of old tires. But asked whether he enjoyed running after llamas, he replied that nothing could make him happier. I had heard similar words from other llama herders, in Bolivia and Peru, and I believed him.
To view more Bolivia photos on this blog, write that word in the search box.
All the photographs of this blog are copyrighted.
No usage permitted without prior authorization.



No comments:

Post a Comment