Saturday, December 27, 2014

Acadia: Bay Of Fundy

In Canada’s Acadia, the beautiful rock-studded Bay of Fundy boasts the world’s highest tides, averaging heights of 47 to 54 feet. I photographed it at low tide, when people were walking around the rocks, but at high tide I would have seen them kayaking around them. Unfortunately my schedule did not allow me this.

Though the sun still shone brightly on the surrounding park when I got there, the bay, at the bottom of steep cliffs, was already bathing in the purple light of dusk. The sea looked reddish from the sediments it was dragging back and forth.
To view more Canada photos on this blog, write the word in the search box.
All the photographs of this blog are copyrighted.
No usage permitted without prior authorization.


No comments:

Post a Comment